Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Primary School Sport Premium Funding
The government has committed additional funding through to 2020 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding, which equates to £8,000 plus £5 per pupil, is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Ofsted are also strengthening their coverage of PE and sport as well as considering how effectively schools have used their additional funding. The impact of the funding will be considered in terms of:
- Achievement in weekly PE lessons;
- Increased participation in competitive school sport;
- Personal health and well-being; and
- Improved attitudes and behaviours towards learning.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional after school or holiday clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
What A Racquet can help ensure that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of. We can provide you with a qualified coach or Primary PE Specialist Teacher to upskill your staff, either through CPD training or regular curriculum support, in line with new Government/Ofsted expectations.
Please get in touch with the office today to discuss your requirements on 01642 890270 / 07976 370106 or via e-mail [email protected]